3 Thoughts on who is allowed to sell home insurance?
  1. Reply
    June 23, 2011 at 2:27 am

    In the US, the agent must be licensed by the state department of insurance.

  2. Reply
    June 23, 2011 at 2:46 am

    To sell home insurance, you must have a licensed issued from the state where the home is issued, from your state insurance department. And you also must have an agreement with the insurance company, to let you sell their policies.

  3. Reply
    June 23, 2011 at 3:14 am

    “MBRCatz” is 100% correct. I am a licensed agent, so, his answer is the best one. You would need to start with taking a Property and Casualty pre-licensing course for the state where you want to sell insurance. If you pass that course, you would then need to arrange to take your P&C exam for that state. If you’re worried about the cost, some insurance brokerages will pay for your pre-licensing and exam. Hope this helps.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password