2 Thoughts on Where can I get good insurance on my computer for theft, loss, and my own personal negligence?
  1. Reply
    July 8, 2013 at 2:53 am

    How much are you willing to pay?

    You could probably buy an inland marine policy with a $ 1,000 deductible, for about $ 2500, excluding coverage for your personal negligence.

    You won’t find coverage for your own negligence, though. You’re “self insured” for that.

  2. Reply
    Margarita D
    July 8, 2013 at 3:40 am

    If you have homeowners or renters insurance you should be able to purchase a rider or endorsement to cover your computer for comprehensive perils with no deductible. The cost for the rider is usually between $ 8 to $ 15 per thousand dollar value and is well worth the expense. Check with the agent who has your homeowners or renters insurance. If you don’t have either, then I suggest you purchase renters insurance which averages between $ 100 to $ 180 per year and add on the rider for the computer. Consult the agent who writes your auto insurance or a local independent agent.

    I hope this helps. Good Luck!

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password