Article Score0

When I was applying for credit this I received this message.I called the credit bureau and they are claiming I was born in 1983.My birth certificate says 1991 and my driver’s license.I don’t understand why it is saying this.I applied to some others for credit and they are saying the same thing.

Thank you for applying for a MetaBank/Fingerhut Credit Account. After carefully reviewing your application, we are sorry to advise you that we cannot open an account for you at this time because we could not locate sufficient credit file information with the application provided. If you have recently moved, changed your name, or have other changes of personal information that may have prevented us from locating your credit score, please contact the Credit Department at 800-356-2347 to reapply. Otherwise, you will be receiving a letter within 30 days stating the specific reasons why your application was denied.

4 Thoughts on What should I do my credit report has I was born in 1983 and I was born in 1991?
  1. Reply
    August 8, 2011 at 5:45 am

    You should contact the national three credit reporting agencies online to dispute incorrect information generaly an investigation can take up to 45 days. You can also dispute by phone calling the automatic voice system 1888 3973742 experian, 18005256285 equifax, 18006807289 transunion.

  2. Reply
    August 8, 2011 at 6:38 am

    The site below gives you addresses to send your disputes to as well as how the put the disputes together to make them effective.

  3. Reply
    August 8, 2011 at 6:49 am

    Someone (probably a family memember) stole your ID when you were young.

    Get your credit reports today – for free
    Annual Credit

    You might have trouble getting them – follow through with their instructions.
    Do any of your family members have bad credit?

  4. Reply
    August 8, 2011 at 7:21 am

    I’m confused. The quoted denial doesn’t say anything about a difference in your birth year. It basically says you don’t have any credit. So do you have any credit history at all? Ever had any credit card or loans? Then you are being turned down because you have no credit.

    If there is confusion over your credit file, you will need to send a letter to each credit bureau requesting a copy of your credit report. Indicate there seems to be a problem with the wrong birth year. You will have to attach photocopies of your social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate, and a bill in your name addressed to your current address.

    I suspect the real problem is that you didn’t understand the security questions. They often ask trick questions and the correct answer is no or none of the above.

    By the way, you should be glad that you didn’t get that Fingerhut account. It’s all overpriced junk and the card has a high interest rate.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password