Article Score0

I have another house that I rent. What are things I can claim deductions? I repairs, gas flow, etc. Can I claim a part of my home as an office? I have a lease of my house in a housing program, “Chapter 8” of the city for people with low incomes license.

1 Thought on What kind of things that I can claim deductions?
  1. Reply
    Doctor Deth
    May 9, 2013 at 7:36 pm

    rental property goes on schedule E – you’ll see line item descriptions for all the types of things you can deduct – mortgage interest, real estate taxes, utilities that you pay (like trash, water, sewer if tenants don’t pay them, repairs and maintenance on property, if you use a real estate agent to collect rent, you can deduct their fees, depreciation on property and any appliances you bought for the house, homeowners insurance (does not cover tenants possessions, only house structure)

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password