Article Score0

from start to finish? sending in a claim to actually getting your compensation, do they send someone round to test electrical items if claiming on them, do they just go by your word supported with photos or reciepts?? any suggestions welcome.

5 Thoughts on What is the Process when Claiming on Home Insurance I Have Accidental Damage??
  1. Reply
    April 23, 2012 at 6:38 am

    I would give them a call they are all different and it depends upon your claim. They are quite helpful.

  2. Reply
    April 23, 2012 at 7:15 am

    If the item is small they will not send someone round but you need to contact them to get a claim form. If the item is very minor, it may be worth not claiming, especially if you have an excess on the policy. Bear in mind that your premium could rise once you have made a claim. You need to check all these things with the company before making your claim. Hope that helps…Best wishes, Mike.

  3. Reply
    April 23, 2012 at 7:24 am

    You have to FIR nearest police station and ring to the insurance office for investigation.When they come the damage list other documents to be submitted to the Insurance office. The they will judgh the jusfication of case and then the case will be setteled. You should discussed with laweyer before submitting the all papers then mistake may be rectify otherwise the claim may be nul and void.

  4. Reply
    April 23, 2012 at 8:13 am

    Check your insurance policy to see exactly what you are entitled to. For example, you may be expected to pay an excess charge on any claim and this could be as much as £100.

    The purpose of this high excess charge, is to stop claims being made for small and inexpensive items.

    Worry not. In your documents there should be a telephone number for claims. Phone them right away and explain what happend and that you wish to make a claim.

    Depends on how big the claim is, because last time I claimed they did not bother sending anyone around. The claim in any case was only about £400 or so.

    Don’t delay in making your claim and good luck.

    If you think your cover is insufficient, you can either upgrate with your existing insurer or find someone else. It’s a free market and the customer is always right. At least, that’s the theory anyway.

    No matter what, make sure you’ve got flood damage cover. This can be monsterously expensive. Find out if there’s any flood problem in your area, even if there is not and has not been a flood for 500 years, it just could happen next year.

    Have not suffered any flood damage where I live, but about ten years ago we have the most monster downpour which lasted about 2 hours during which nearly three inches of rain fell. My garden was flooded to a depth of two feet and water was lapping at my kitchen door. Phew!

    So it’s not just rivers people should think about, it’s that rare flash flood. You’ve seen the warnings on the TV weather. Could happen any time.

    Things happen.

  5. Reply
    April 23, 2012 at 8:13 am

    first of all make sure you are covered for accidental damage,before you do anything rash…if you get my drift? if you are give them a bell,they will probably send out an assessor,and then its in there court sort of speak? if its a old for new policy,you will get the amount for what it will cost for a similar item at today’s cost? therefore hypothetically if you were walking into your room with a tray of drinks,the dog tripped you up ,a glass went into the t.v,which blew,causing you to jump,falling over the cat,knocking your husband off the ladders whilst painting,paint now all over the settee and carpet…need i go on…..hypothetically of course…sounds a bit exaggerated but ..well you must get my drift by now?

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password