Article Score0

it was a mistaken charge charged to my buckle credit card in college for 10 dollars. I went 6 months unknowing that I had this charge. I paid it off immediately when I found out but now I can’t finance anything without a co-signer. What is the best way to repair this if any? How long does it take? And how much does it cost? Thankyou.

4 Thoughts on What is the best way to repair one little bad mark on my credit?
  1. Reply
    July 29, 2011 at 9:09 pm

    Credit can not be repaired it must be rebuilt since the information on your report is correct it can not be removed you need to concentrate on rebuilding your credit.

    I would try Orchard Bank, H.S.B.C., or First Premier Bank they all are pretty good about giving credit cards to people with damaged credit.

    If this doe’s not work you can always get a secured card from your own bank either way use them for every day things never exceed 30% of your credit limit and pay it off before the due date every month.

    This will take time but this will establish a good payment history and start to rebuild your credit.

  2. Reply
    July 29, 2011 at 9:39 pm

    Apply for every store card that you see.
    Apply for discover and gasoline cards.
    Open up a checking account that gives you a debit/visa card, and make sure that you do not get any NSF charges for 6 months.

    Once you get a credit card, not tied to your checking, use it for everything. Pay it in full each and every month. Carrying a balance does not improve credit – so don’t do it.

    Do this for 6 months and you will have credit.
    Also put 3 months salary away in your checking account as an emergency fund. This may show up in your report.

    In other words do not spend a penny you can not afford to pay back in full at the end of the month and save, save, save, save.
    Funny how you have to have money in the bank to get credit.

  3. Reply
    stan c
    July 29, 2011 at 10:32 pm

    Just call the credit card co and explain what happened. They might remove it. There’s no harm in asking. If they refuse, and you have $ 500 in a savings account. convert it into a secured credit card. Most banks can set it up for you.

  4. Reply
    Arturo F
    July 29, 2011 at 10:52 pm

    a year and cost around $ 400 service

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password