I am a first time home buyer and here are the steps what I have finished so far and my closing is in 2 weeks. Let me know if I am missing something or should take care of something before and during closing.
1. got a pre-approval from some mortgage broker
2. looked for a realtor
3. looked at a home
4. went into contract with a property i am buying
5. negotiated a price
6. agreed on price
7. did a home inspection
8. some things were not working but came out good
9. my attorney(referred by my realtor) had send the seller the list
of things to fix
10. I started looking out for another home mortgage broker
11. lender who had agreed and gave me a rate (GFE & TIL)
12. Lender did home appraisal
13. My financing went through yesterday
14. will be going to the property next week and make sure they
fixed what we asked for
After this do I need to do something or be prepared for something for my closing ?
Anything I should be asking my lender or seller before closing ?