Article Score0

I bought a car yesterday and I’m 18 with a permit and I can take the test but I have to learn and I have my own car to learn with now. But I need insurance to get tags. Now I need to know what company will insure me? I want the insurance in my name.

4 Thoughts on What Insurance Company Insures Someone With Only A Permit?
  1. Reply
    Ken G
    November 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm

    To buy car insurance the applicant must provide one licensed driver for the policy. Since you only at this time have a permit you must be able to show someone like you mother, dad or brother or best friend as a principal driver for your car. You are the named insured and you other driver is you permitted driver. When you pass your license you can remove this other person.

  2. Reply
    November 17, 2012 at 1:35 pm

    Any of them – but you’ll have to list the person who will be sitting in the car with you. You’ll need to list a licensed driver. Of course, you also have to disclose any licensed household members, so if you live at home with mom and dad, list them.

  3. Reply
    November 17, 2012 at 1:53 pm

    I know that Progressive used to issue policies to people with only learners permits, I’m not sure if they still do. They required the person to provide proof of passing the road test within 30 days or the policy was cancelled.

  4. Reply
    November 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm

    You can go with any company as long you have a licensed driver to add to the policy.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password