Article Score0

My husband and I are thinking about buying a building in our town. It used to be a 5 unit apartment building, but has been vacant for a couple years. Where can I find information on the net on building codes etc… in Illinois?

5 Thoughts on What building codes would I need for rehabbing a 5 unit building back into rent-able status?
  1. Reply
    July 10, 2011 at 12:33 am

    Call the codes or building inspector’s office. If you can’t find them listed, call the county clerks office and ask them for the phone number.

  2. Reply
    July 10, 2011 at 12:48 am

    From your local building dept. Requirement vary by location.

  3. Reply
    July 10, 2011 at 1:43 am

    You won’t find them listed, you will have to go to the building department.

  4. Reply
    July 10, 2011 at 1:49 am

    Check in with your local building dept..

  5. Reply
    July 10, 2011 at 1:49 am

    get it tested first for drugs and asbestos. the zoning office can tell you if you can even open it as a 5 unit commercial space. check and see if you need to put sprinklers in. go look at some in you area and ask the owners/managers. maybe ask the real estate office in your area for a start. Also pay for an inspection.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password