Article Score0

I have a home that is financed by the original owner. Due to problems with the home I am giving it back to them. They want me to sign a Quit Claim Deed and will allow me to leave without any mark on my credit and not holding me liable for any repairs. I need to know what type or name of a legal form to use to release me from any liability of the property in the state of Florida. This is to insure I can walk away free and clear. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Thought on Need to know what form to use?
  1. Reply
    May 24, 2013 at 4:42 am

    No form needed. Any owed taxes will follow the title to the house, not the former owner. Once the quit claim is recorded, you will walk away free and clear. But if you owe any utilities, that debt will follow you. Don’t forget to change the name on the account on move out day.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password