Article Score0

My 10 years old, has severe flat feet, the look also. It causes excruciating pain. Last year he underwent surgery on one of them, where we live in Germany. It must have corrective surgery on the foot otther within the next few years because of his age and bone growth. I am ready to return to the United States, but do not want to jeopardize the foot of my back I fils.Si United States and get a job, how long before the insurance starts? The insurance would pay for it? It is considered a pre-existing condition, if it is deformed, it was born? I’m desperate to get out. Please help.

2 Thoughts on My son is an operation covered by insurance news, when we go back to the United States?
  1. Reply
    Stormy Skye
    October 31, 2012 at 1:56 pm


  2. Reply
    October 31, 2012 at 2:54 pm

    The answer to your question depends upon several factors. Is your son currently insured through any kind of group plan, including one issued to your employer, or any sort of governmental health plan? If so, the coverage MAY be “creditable” under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This means coverage obtained through either a group (or certain individual plans) must reduce the pre-existing condition exclusionary period by the number of months your son was covered.

    Here’s a fact sheet published by the U.S. Department of Labor regarding HIPAA:

    In December, 2004, the government adopted rules that require domestic insurers to consider as “creditable” certain plans issued by foreign health insurers. I suggest you contact the USDOL to ascertain whether your son’s current coverage is creditable under HIPAA. You can contact the USDOL either by phone or email. Here’s a link to its contact information:

    Another option to consider is the Children’s Health program in the state where you will reside. This is NOT Medicaid (Medical Assistance) and pre-existing conditions are covered. All states have a version of this federal program. Do a web search using the state’s name and “Children’s Health Insurance Program” to find out more. You should also consider contacting the insurance commissioner’s office in the state where you will reside to see if there are other options, such as a state high risk pool.

    I hope this helps.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password