Article Score0

I recently purchased a new home that was a relocate home. Due to the inability to sell my old home, I am now forced to stay put and lease oput my newly purchased home.

I am curious if their is an insurance policy that can protect me against rotten renters in the chance I get some. I want to be protected in case in a year from now, they destory or do tremendous damage to my home. Is there such a policy?

Also, as the home owner, what protections will I want in regular home owner’s coverage?

And are property managers really that good at screening renters? Can you request they screen and scrutinize more then normal for your home?

And last, is it standard to require that the home renter take care of any minor maintainence issues on their own? Like if a water spiket starts leaking, or toilet, or small patch job in the roof. Can they be required to repair this assuming they are in on a 12-24 month lease?

2 Thoughts on land lord insurance protection for myself, the home owner?
  1. Reply
    August 17, 2011 at 2:14 am

    The short answer is No. You have to choose your tenants carefully. Join the local apartment association, which can be helpful in a number of ways, including possibly doing background checks on tenants. The primary factor which I checked for on prospective tenants was prior evictions, which were unconditionally disqualifying. As for maintenance, it is all yours; you can charge the tenants for damage beyond normal wear and tear.

  2. Reply
    kingsanjay q
    August 17, 2011 at 2:37 am

    please try this

Leave a Reply to kingsanjay q Cancel reply

Register New Account
Reset Password