Article Score0

Last year the bottom floor of my house got flooded because the storm drain on our block was clogged with leaves and debris and it rained very hard. I’m scared it will happen again and looked for insurance to cover it. However, national flood insurance does not (I think it has to be from a bodily water not just rainfall), a sewer backup does not cover it, and any other insurance riders that would cover it requires a sump pump which we do not have. I would love to pay a couple of hundred bucks a year to an insurance company for piece of mind that I am covered from property damage and house damage if there is another flood but I can’t find such coverage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Thought on Is there any insurance that covers your house from a flood from rainfall due to clogged storm drains ?
  1. Martha Z
    July 24, 2011 at 2:00 am

    national flood insurance should cover it. i have see tv ads from them saying 25% of flood damage occurs when there are no streams or other bodies of water around. they have a website, and you can get all the info you need from your insurance company that insures your house. they act as agents for national flood insurance. mine cost me 264 bucks a year.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password