Article Score0

I am looking to buy liability insurance for my home property, not insurance for the replacement value. Is that possible? Has anyone done it? What insurance companies might offer it? thank you.

2 Thoughts on Is there an insurance company that offers ONLY liability insurance for your home?
  1. Reply
    June 21, 2011 at 4:41 am

    Absolutely, you can buy a stand alone general liability policy for your home. But why in the world would you WANT to do that? What’s the GOAL?

    See, usually when people ask stuff like that, they’re thinking, oh, I don’t want to pay so much for house insurance. Well, stand alone GL, something like this, will run you around $ 1,000. You can’t buy it directly, you can’t buy it on the internet, you’d have to use a local agent licensed to sell insurance in your state. Most likely, it would be an “excess” or surplus lines policy, so you’d have to buy it from an INDEPENDENT agent.

    The CHEAPEST way to get personal liability on the house you live in, if you don’t want to insure the buliding, is to buy a tenant homeowners policy – HO4, like renters insurance. You don’t actually have to be a renter – it WILL give you premises coverage, and a small amount of contents coverage, for as little as $ 150 a year, or maybe even less, if you’re willing to take a huge contents coverage deductible.

  2. Reply
    June 21, 2011 at 5:33 am

    You can take out a Personal Liability Premises policy. But it is not a good idea. You need a full homeowners policy. Also, ask your agent about an umbrella policy.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password