Article Score0

I’m 21 and ready to move out of my parents house. I am single and have no one to support but myself. I want the freedom of the open road as well as a way of cheaper living. I’ve decided to buy a large van and outfit it with all the luxuries of a motor-home. My only concern is, how will I get auto insurance w/o a permanent address? Will I have to use my parents or a friends address?
Also what about my license?

5 Thoughts on Is a home address necessary to acquire auto insurance?
  1. Reply
    June 24, 2011 at 6:37 pm

    They need a place to send the bill.

  2. Reply
    ken k
    June 24, 2011 at 7:11 pm

    for awhile use parents address/after about a year switch to po box/gonna be tough on license as they want house address

  3. Reply
    Scott H
    June 24, 2011 at 7:56 pm

    Insurance pricing is based on where you live and where the car is garaged, so yes.

  4. Reply
    June 24, 2011 at 8:41 pm

    Yes. You will need a garaging address. You will need to have a permanent address, where they will mail the bills to you. Same with the license.

  5. Reply
    June 24, 2011 at 9:40 pm

    You need a permanent address. If you do not have an address where the vehicle is going to be kept at least 50% of the time you are consider a migrant risk. There is no insurance company that will write you a policy if you do not have a permanent address. This could also be a problem if you live in a mandatory reporting state. This is a state where plates are from, you will need to have insurance in that state. If you change states they can suspend your registration and in some states you drivers license.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password