Article Score0

I don’t think my insurance company (American Insurance) offers bond and insurance for someone in my field. Also need affordable health insurance with relatively low deductible. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2 Thoughts on Insurance question, looking to start a business, elder home care in Wisconsin.How to become bonded and insured?
  1. Reply
    August 28, 2011 at 3:49 am

    You’ll need to talk with two agents. The first will be a commercial insurance agent for the business. The second will be a health insurance agent. Make sure both are able to represent several different companies.

  2. Reply
    August 28, 2011 at 4:47 am

    You need to talk to a local, independent agent in your area.

    It’s not easy to find an insurer willing to cover the property, liability, and professional liability needed for the elder care home – and it’s not cheap, either. You’ll need all that, and workers comp, too, before you can get the bond, and the state gives you a license.

    An independent agent can go look at the excess and surplus market to find a company willing to do this.

    Health insurance is completely different – it costs what it costs, and the lower the deductible, the more it costs. The older you are, the less healthy you are, the more it costs. There’s no bargain with health insurance.

    Your standard companies are NOT going to give you a quote on this. You can find a local agent near you, by plugging in your zip code to

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password