Article Score0

yes the property is in my name and so is the insurance
well yea i did have one for both address but the other one was in the car

8 Thoughts on If I have homeowners insurance but my drivers license says another address will they still cover me….?
  1. Reply
    March 1, 2014 at 7:56 am

    make sure the home owners insurance show your home address. Other issues don’t matter

  2. Reply
    Dan S
    March 1, 2014 at 8:29 am

    The homeowners policy is attached to the residence you have listed, typically your home.
    The car insurance policy is attached to the car you own, no matter where you live.

    IF you have an insurance package with your car and homeowners insurance combined then the rule is still the same. Of course it would be a good idea to tell the insurance company where you are living and where the car is being parked, since this could effect your car insurance rates.

    Homeowners insurance, by itself, will NOT cover your car insurance.

  3. Reply
    donna r
    March 1, 2014 at 9:07 am

    You shouldn’t have a problem as long as you have proof of residency. You are suppose to have your address changed on dl you can even go on line and have it done and a new license will be mailed out to you

  4. Reply
    March 1, 2014 at 9:32 am

    I do know that in some states, your drivers license needs to match the address of where you live. Its a $ 100-$ 200 ticket. Just a little extra tip.

  5. Reply
    March 1, 2014 at 10:06 am

    Yes!!!! you can own something and have it insured without having a license from that state…With all that has happened in recent times with hurricanes and such. Do make sure you have the proper coverage, enough coverage as well as pictures and receipts or written down prices and where you purchased everything somewhere safe in case of damage or lose..

  6. Reply
    March 1, 2014 at 10:06 am

    Will WHO still cover you? For what? It’s all about your legal address, and where you are living! NOT about your driver’s license.

    The homeowners policy covers homes of people who both own, AND LIVE IN, the house described on the declarations page. They don’t care if your license has an outdated address.

  7. Reply
    March 1, 2014 at 10:31 am

    As long as the policy is for your current place and not the one listed on the license.

  8. Reply
    March 1, 2014 at 10:49 am

    yes, they are not that bad

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password