Article Score0

I am the buyer and seller has great so far. You do not fund and buy some of our household items. Can I have someone else go in my place on the day of the closing to ensure that all is well? I know that my broker will be there, but I want to be another representative moi.Joshua

3 Thoughts on if I do not my day and I will sign all necessary documents before the day?
  1. Reply
    Lisa L
    April 12, 2013 at 1:45 am

    You should be able to sign the day before closing or have a POA go day of closing to sign in your behalf. Talk to the attorney or title company doing the closing.

  2. Reply
    April 12, 2013 at 1:47 am

    YOU need to be at closing. change the date to accomodate your obligations. do NOT send in a substitute nor trust a realtor!!!!!

  3. Reply
    April 12, 2013 at 2:26 am

    Absolutely and it is a very common circumstance. You really don’t need to send someone on the day of the real closing because if anything did arise that would alter the paperwork in any way, it would require your signature before it became official so your representative would do nothing but twiddle their thumbs.

    In addition it is also common to assign a limited power of attorney to your representative at the actual closing to allow him/her the ability to sign anything for you if any of the paperwork did need to change. Often this is the best idea because every now and then their is a small accounting error on the HUD-1 closing form. The closing attorney can hook you up with the limited power of attorney for a minimal fee. Congrats and Good Luck!

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password