Article Score0

I am just starting up a disco/karaoke business and will need to get the equipment insured. It will be securely stored at home but will obviously be taken out of my home to various venues when I go and do a gig. It is apparently not covered under home contents insurance if it is off the property. Also do I need a public indemnity policy as well?

3 Thoughts on I need to get some disco and karaoke equipment insured. Can anyone advise the best type of insurance needed?
  1. Reply
    April 12, 2012 at 6:35 am

    You’re going to need a commercial policy with a property floater (a property floater covers business property when it is away from the insured’s premises) that covers your equipment. Yes liability coverage (which can be included on the commercial policy) is highly recommended and will probably be required by the venues you are bringing the equipment to.

  2. Reply
    April 12, 2012 at 7:32 am

    It’s called an inland marine policy. You probably will need liability – sometimes called public indemnity insurance.

    You need to talk to a local agent to get quotes on both policies.

  3. Reply
    April 12, 2012 at 8:30 am

    You can cover goods away from home under a home insurance policy, but not goods that are used in a business capacity. You need a separate policy and your current insurer may be able to provide you with that. Public liability is not a legal requirement in the UK – but it should be. If you don’t have it and your equipment injures someone they will sue you.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password