Article Score0

I want to start out as an Exclusive agent in Texas. I just need to know how to go about deciding what insurance company to represent.
Allstate, Statefarm…..
Please let me know if you have any information. Thank you!!

4 Thoughts on I just got my Property and Casualty Insurance License…?
  1. Reply
    August 31, 2011 at 5:06 am

    Check into which companies still pay bonuses (on production), not just commissions. I suspect you’ll find the list gets a LOT shorter in a hurry.

    Good luck!

  2. Reply
    August 31, 2011 at 5:07 am

    The first decision to make is whether you want to be an independant agent or an exclusive agent. From your question it appears you have already made that decision. I like Allstate’s new Your Choice Auto program. It adds some competitive advantages.

  3. Reply
    August 31, 2011 at 5:48 am

    Well, good luck. Contact both of them, along with Nationwide and Farmers – two more direct writers – to see if any of them are willing to take a green agent.

    Without any experience, it’s really hard to get your own agency. You’re probably best off hiring on as a CSR or some such to learn the ropes.

  4. Reply
    Miss V
    August 31, 2011 at 6:41 am

    Because of the line of products that they carry, the larger companies may require you to get your Life and Health insurance license also. And your NASD 6 and 63 securities licenses.

    With property and casualty you’re a disadvantage to them because if a customer wants everything, you’re unable to provide.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password