Article Score0

I am an Oregon resident. I am buying a motorcycle from a dealership in Michigan. I will be flying there and then driving the motorcycle back to Oregon. I have no idea what to do at this point. Legally, what do I need to do to be able to fly in and then drive it home?

2 Thoughts on I am buying a motorcycle out of state. What do I do for insurance and registration?
  1. Reply
    Steven W
    October 31, 2011 at 3:44 pm


    We often take for granted what a convenience our cars are. I was paying a low price for my insurance, but at renewal time, my insurer tried to increase my rates.

    My friend sent me a link to this site:

    They have a free search to compare auto rates from the major insurers. It saved me a lot of money!

    Best of Luck

  2. Reply
    Ken B
    October 31, 2011 at 4:05 pm

    Arrange for insurance before you go to MI. When you take delivery call your agent, he will make sure you’re covered. The dealer (or seller) will give you paperwork to get the bike registered at home. Have a safe trip.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password