Article Score0

I am a full time college student and single mom while I have used all of my stafford loans and pell grants to cover tuition and books. Does anyone know of where you can obtain a private student loan to help with other expenses associated with college? I have no cosigner and my credit needs repair due to my ex and have been unable to find another lender who is willing to work with.

6 Thoughts on I am a full time college student/single mom who desperately needs a college loan but has no cosigner or credit
  1. Reply
    July 16, 2011 at 12:36 am

    Your bank, they don’t generally check your credit for education loans. Also speak with your financial aid office. They can help find work study on campus, or other alternatives. Your local workforce commission (unemployment office) may also supplement your expense. Contact the county or city housing authority for housing assistance. Don’t be too proud, we all need help every now and then.

    Stay focused, you will make it. It’s all temporary to get you where you need to be.

  2. Reply
    July 16, 2011 at 1:22 am

    There is a new government loan program called the Plus loan (or if you’re in grad school, the GradPlus loan) that is much like a private loan but with much less stringent credit requirements. It currently has a fixed rate of 8.5%. You should talk to your financial aid office because it is a good deal for anyone without stellar credit.

  3. Reply
    July 16, 2011 at 2:00 am

    I would check with your college on applying for additional grants like the pell grant and others that are less known but available through your state. Also your states job and family services may offer loans and grants since you are a single mom.

  4. Reply
    July 16, 2011 at 2:50 am

    FASFA!!!!! For one you are prolly eligible for grants. For two they give school loans through FASFA to anybody (trust me I know). The farther along you are in school the more money you get. I just graduated this year and I got 10,500, for my senior year. Good Luck.

  5. Reply
    July 16, 2011 at 3:07 am

    Check with your financial Aid Office, your own bank or a family bank, look for scholorships ( used to be a good place for this…but its been awhile since I went there so I don’t vouch for it still being that way). The financial aide office or councelors for your school should be your best bet though, they will give you more than one suggestion…and won’ turn you away.

  6. Reply
    July 16, 2011 at 4:01 am

    search the internet for scholarship loans. They are interest free private loans usually awarded to people in need. But they’re scholarship competitions so they are competitive and require applications. Search around though and you might find some small ones that aren’t known very well nationally.

    Good luck!

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password