Article Score0

Trying to get a Home Equity loan and my husband has passed away but still on the loan how do I go about removing him off it? Thanks
Ok that is the way i am going but the bank i am gettign the loan from is telling me I must by title Insurance for the loan amount or have to do a porbaited will to get him off and that is the texas law? Is that for real or just a way to make money?

5 Thoughts on How to remove someone off your Mortgage if they passed away.?
  1. Reply
    January 24, 2013 at 3:06 pm

    Let your mortgage company know and they will more than likely have you send them a copy of his death certificate to remove his name from the loan.

  2. Reply
    January 24, 2013 at 3:38 pm

    Call whoever you have your mortgage with, and tell them the situation.

    They may ask you to fax over a copy of the death certificate or something like that, but I doubt there’d be a problem.

  3. Reply
    January 24, 2013 at 4:26 pm

    You will need to contact your mortgage company and provide documentation like a death certificate to remove his name from the contract.

  4. Reply
    January 24, 2013 at 5:18 pm

    Ok the mortgage is not the problem that is now solely in your name as a joint tenant with rights of survivorship. The new loan is. You will have to send a copy of the death certificate to the loan officer and he will fax it to the title agent as it is a matter of proper vesting rights since the title search has a first deed of trust that was executed in both names and you are in a dower state. If the estate has not been probated that could be a problem as there is no medicare waiver as of yet and that takes up to 1 month to get done. Also if you have a will that is a codicil where you get every thing then a title agent can do an affidavit of heirship and write the title policy but most want the estate probated first. I just completed a loan in just this manner and TN is a dower state
    I am a mortgage banker in TN & KY

  5. Reply
    Steven B
    January 24, 2013 at 5:38 pm

    being here in calif i don’t know texas way of things but here when a person dies the death certif is recorded it takes about a month or so to work it way to the recorder so you might want to let your bank know this as far a title here in calif we live in a tiltle and escrow state so its automatic and really not a bad thing .it protects you and the the lender
    from this type of situation. its a couple hundred dollars
    so don’t worry you’ll save at least that much if you do all this yourself

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password