Article Score0

I am looking into getting a trampoline but I would like to get liability insurance. I have AAA and I was wondering how much my homeowners insurance would go up if I get a trampoline with a net around it,

5 Thoughts on How much is the insurance for a trampoline?
  1. Reply
    March 24, 2013 at 2:25 am

    Call the insurance company and ask them.

  2. Reply
    March 24, 2013 at 3:01 am

    That depends on AAA. You’ll probably have to call them to find out. Some companies add a surcharge for a trampoline, some exclude it completely and some cover it without an additional charge, so it’s really impossible to say without talking to AAA.

    Sorry, I know you were looking for a more definitive answer.

  3. Reply
    March 24, 2013 at 3:52 am

    I don’t know of any insurance company that would give you liability coverage for a TRAMPOLINE. Any homeowners carrier I know if, is flat out going to cancel you, with a trampoline.

    You can call AAA and ask them, but my guess is, they will tell you the same thing.

  4. Reply
    March 24, 2013 at 3:58 am

    trampolines are excluded from homeowners policies, as they are too big of a liability hazard to be covered. If you have a trampoline on your premises, you will most probably not be covered.

  5. Reply
    brandon j
    March 24, 2013 at 4:55 am

    some companies do offer coverage for a trampoline and some do not. the ones that do may surcharge you a few dollars more. you would just have to ask your insurance agent and they could probably tell you. it is hard to say since each co, is different.
    if they do allow you to have a trampoline you may want to consider looking into PUP policy as well. PUP stands for personal umbrella policy. these policies are bascially “excess liability” policies that pay out last (after your homeowners, car if it pertains to an accident, etc.

    let;s say something catastrophic happens…like your neighbors’ kid was at your house jumping on the trampoline and flies off the trampoline wrong and gets severely injured. injureis like possble brain damage, a broken neck, internal bleeing…the serious stuff. if your liability covege from your house pays out at full amount then the rest of it is up to you. unless, you have the PUP policy. these policies usually cover 1 to 2 mill are usually affordable. they would also pay out if someone were to try and sue you.

    i always advise our clients to look into a PUP policy if they are getting a trampoline or pool.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password