Article Score0

Hi, I’ve never sold or bought priority. My current our home was inherited when my mom decided to move. Sadly, I really need to move, but I’m unsure of how to go about it. The house also has a mortgage, but I’m not sure if this affects selling the home or not.

Thank you for any advise!

5 Thoughts on How does one go about selling their home and moving to a new home?
  1. Reply
    July 17, 2011 at 1:40 pm

    well for need to hire a realtor. they will work with you through the selling prosses and if you want though the buying prosess.
    (you dont have to pay for a realtor when your buying only selling)
    but the best way to got started and going right is to mfind a good realtor…sorry if this isent what your looking for…but its what you need to do.
    good luck….

    (also watch hgtv on cable they help alot)

  2. Reply
    My Take on It
    July 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm

    You get a real estate agent to help you list the house and sell it.

  3. Reply
    Steve D
    July 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm

    To sell, you have two options – find a real estate agent or sell the house yourself. However, if your mom moved out and gave you the house and the house has a mortgage, you have other problems – such as, you really may not own the house which means you can’t sell it. Given your question and the lack of actual facts, you may need to see a real estate attorney to figure out where you stand and what is needed to sell the house.

  4. Reply
    July 17, 2011 at 3:48 pm

    You need the help of a real estate agent BUT BE CAUTIOUS. Consult with at least 3 different agents to find out what they have to say. The reason I say this is because, given your situation of having inherited the house, you are especially vulnerable because people will recognize that you’re anxious to sell and their real estate agents will possibly encourage them to put in bids for your house that are lower than what the house is worth. Of course, it is in fact sensible for you to go for a quicker sale at a lower price because you really do want to free yourself from the property.

    But the best thing to do is to hire a real estate agent who represents ONLY you. You have to pay extra for this but it’s worth it. Speak to a couple of real estate agencies, they’ll know what I mean when I say that you should hire someone who works ONLY for you.

    Good luck. Double good luck!

  5. Reply
    Ciera V
    July 17, 2011 at 3:59 pm

    I am a Real Estate Agent and I work in Ca . If you are from there we could talk if you would like . Or I could refer one from else where. With that aside….. If you inherited the property , was title put in your name or is it still in your moms name? If it is in your Moms name you will need to get title in your name , this could take a little time. If it is in your name , do you hold the mortgage loan that is on the property? Because this will have an effect on what you could buy else where. You don’t necessarily have to sell that property to buy a new home. as long as you plan on living in the new house and not renting it out. And right now there are sooo many programs and home buyer credits. Some will even cover up to 20% down payment . And FHA is defiantly the best way to go right now for a loan .It’s the best rate , lowest down and you can qualify with a very low fico score. If you have any questions let me know!
    [email protected]

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password