Article Score0

I have to move and break my lease but I have to use the buyout and a 30 day notice to be able to do this. I need help writing a notice if anyone can help. I also need information on how to use the buyout. The lease does not state exactly what I have to do to use the buyout it just states I have to pay X amount. HELP

3 Thoughts on How do you write a rental lease buyout,30 day notice to my landlord?
  1. Reply
    June 10, 2011 at 12:11 am

    I’m pretty sure that they will help you do that. when I was going to break my lease, they had a paper for me to sign, and told me to write them a check. Be sure to get a receipt though just in case. Or you could try to sublet it, find someone to take over the rest of your lease and sign their own with the landlord.

  2. Reply
    AE Neuman
    June 10, 2011 at 12:54 am

    Dear Landlord,

    This is to serve notice that I will end my tenancy in 30 days from this date. In consideration for terminating the lease early and as written in the buyout clause in my lease, I am including this check in the amount of $ 535.37.

    I will return the keys on my final day. I am requesting a walk-through inspection within the next two weeks.

  3. Reply
    June 10, 2011 at 1:39 am

    It can be really simple:

    “I ________ here by give my 30 days notice to vacate my rented property at__________. I acknowledge that I must pay the $ $ $ $ lease buyout fee stated in my lease.”

    Be sure to include your forwarding address.

    The landlord should send you a confirmation notice or just call you to make the payment arrangements.

    Good for you, by the way, for being responsible about this. Most people on here ask how to get out of paying that fee.

    EDIT: Subletting as another suggested is typically illegal. Make sure to check with the landlord before trying that.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password