Article Score0

We are trying to buy a house and the current place we live my BF owns outright. The mortgage company say’s we need to have proof of ownership of our current residence without leans before they will finance the new place. We can’t find the title or the letter saying we have payed fully for the current place. We can get a new title but the obsolete (bankrupt) bank still shows as a lean holder. How do we get the title transferred to my BF’s name and out of the dead banks?
Getting the tittle is not the problem. We need to get it transferred OUT of the bankrupt banks name and into ours.
Since the bank is no longer in business and we owned our house outright before the bank crashed in these economic hard times they no have no valid liens on the place. AND STOP CRITICIZING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND IT!!!

3 Thoughts on How do you get a replacement title put in your name for a house when the bank no longer exists?
  1. Reply
    November 25, 2011 at 11:42 am

    You go to the County Office of Deeds and Records and pay for that information. Next time act like adults and safe guard important papers

  2. Reply
    Jack Burke
    November 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm


  3. Reply
    Simpson G
    November 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm

    Says. Lien.
    If the deed/title has not been transferred to his name and there are still liens against the house by the original lender, then you may need a property attorney to clean this up.

    I agree that your boyfriend needs to get it together and find a safe place for important papers.

    Edit: Just because the bank went bankrupt doesn’t necessarily mean ANYTHING. Another bank bought all the notes and liens from this bank. A property attorney will be able to sort through it, find the new bank, and get a final statement. He should then be able to work with the bank to transfer title to your bf.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password