Article Score0

I was discharged from a Chapter 7 in January 2006.
Before i filled, i had a car loan that I was in collections for. The car was in an accident (friend was driving) and was taken to a body shop to be repaired. Long story short, the repairs never happened and I received a notice that the car had been “reposessed”. I soon after received a summons notice in regards to the unpaid debt. I filled the chapter 7 and was told by my attorney that it would be taken care of.
The lender was listed in my schedule D as a secured claim and under section 5 as “Repossessions, foreclosures and returns (because i no longer had the car to “surrender”).
i just pulled my credit report and found 2 sections labeled “judgement” on my credit report.
My attorney is no where to be found. (phone number is disconnected and 411 doesn’t have any new numbers for him).
My question is, can this judgement be removed from my credit report or am i going to be stuck with paying the $ 9000+ ??

7 Thoughts on How do I remove a judgement from my credit report after a Chapter 7?
  1. Reply
    July 15, 2011 at 8:12 am

    You are asking multiple questions. A credit report includes information and if it is accurate information, that private credit reporting agency has no obligation to remove it. The second question is whether a judgment has actually issued and, if so, whether it was discharged in the bankruptcy action or if you have to pay it. For that, contact the bankruptcy court and get a copy of the orders issued by the bankruptcy court. If you are not sure of the significance of those orders, don’t offer to pay an attorney who has the education and training to answer you, just ask the thousand strangers on this site. That should be just as good.

  2. Reply
    jen w
    July 15, 2011 at 9:05 am

    Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the commonest denotation of bankruptcy. It stands for waiving or canceling of debts that you have incurred. As an individual, you can select between Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Selecting between the two is not easy. The bankruptcy court will study your circumstances before deciding which type of bankruptcy is applicable to you. The Chapter 7 bankruptcy is applicable if you have no regular sources

  3. Reply
    July 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

    I would get a copy of your credit report from one of the credit bureaus and then dispute the judgement shown on your credit report with the credit bureau. Advise them that this judgement should have been included with your bankrupcy. The credit bureau should be able to do an investigation on your behalf. Hope this helps It is also a good idea to check your credit report with all of the credit bureaus and dispute with each one if required as they do not share any info.

  4. Reply
    judy b
    July 15, 2011 at 10:43 am

    go back to attorney

  5. Reply
    July 15, 2011 at 11:22 am

    Judgement can be removed..Provide proof to credit reporting agency and they must remove it.

  6. Reply
    July 15, 2011 at 11:38 am

    You don’t need to pay the $ 9,000 judgment. Is there a discharge date on the repo judgment? If not, send the BK 7 schedule along with case # to the bureau that is reporting. They are required to correct your information. The BK 7 itself is also a judgment, it will remain on your report. You don’t need your attorney to get your credit updated. You have rights under the FACTA law. You can get a summary of the law at The bureaus are required to correct your data within 30 days of receipt of your challenge.

  7. Reply
    July 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm

    Wait 7 years … Or in the future just pay you debt and quit draining our country

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password