Won't insurance company just send a check after adjuster acesses damage,?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Won't insurance company just send a check after adjuster acesses damage,?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’m a little confused. We had some flooding. We have $ 1000 deductable.
    The last claim I helped my father out on, the insurance company just sent a check for what they said was the damage and we never heard from them again.
    We just got it fixed with our own handymen people.
    Now everybody is telling me they are going to monitor the claim like a hawk and make sure we have to pay the deductable. Like it’s any skin off their nose?
    Does this depend on the insurance company or the state or both?
    My father’s property was his own rental property in another state with another insurance company.
    This property is owned by a different group of people in another state.
    As far as I know this is the first claim on this property. There is no mortgage on this property.
    Honestly, we will be lucky to clear anything after the deductable the way the adjuster was behaving.

My father’s property was his own rental property in another state with another insurance company.
    This property is owned by a different group of people in another state.
    As far as I know this is the first claim on this property. There is no mortgage on this property.
    Honestly, we will be lucky to clear anything after the deductable the way the adjuster was behaving.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password