Why do credit card companies send pre-approved offers for cards and then not…

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards Why do credit card companies send pre-approved offers for cards and then not…

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

…approve people? I understand that “pre-approved” only means “pre-approved to apply”, but why bother sending it at all if the person isn’t going to get the card anyway?

Anonymous
      Inactive

One should not fill out a pre-approved offer. It will lower your credit score.

Because they do not know yet if the person is going to get the card. It costs money to decide whether they will approve someone. It would take too much time and money to decide about each person who receives the offer before they send the offer. It is less expensive to send the offers first, so that they only have to spend the time and money to decide about the persons who apply.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i dont think they know who has good credit or not so they just send them. i think

Henri Beach
      Participant

They likely did a soft inquiry and saw that your credit was acceptable, but then when you applied and gave them more info, they didn’t like the whole package. Perhaps your job history isn’t long enough, stable enough, income not enough. Perhaps you move around every 3 months and that freaks them.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password