Which type of house would you buy for your first home?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Which type of house would you buy for your first home?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’m asking in this section because I assume most of not all of you have bought your “first homes” together with your spouse and the real estate section tends to be a little dead.

My husband and I are trying to decide between 2 options. We don’t want to spend more than 350K(which in our area is not a lot of money)

1) An older house, with more sq feet and a bigger backyard and a basement but that needs a lot of work(that we can’t afford right now) to be what we want. Also doesn’t have as many bathrooms as we’d like (most in this range have only 1 maybe 1 1/2) or enough closet space(this is hard to come by it seems)

2) A brand new house with a smaller yard and less sq feet and no basement, but that we get to choose everything we want and has 3 bathrooms including a master bath and a walk in closet.

Which is the better choice? I am leaning towards 2 because everything would be new so we could live “worry free” for a while.
    We plan to have 2 kids, but we don’t have any yet.

And I know 350 seems like a lot but around here it’s not.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password