Which type of house would you buy for your first home?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Which type of house would you buy for your first home?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m asking in this section because I assume most of not all of you have bought your “first homes” together with your spouse and the real estate section tends to be a little dead.

My husband and I are trying to decide between 2 options. We don’t want to spend more than 350K(which in our area is not a lot of money)

1) An older house, with more sq feet and a bigger backyard and a basement but that needs a lot of work(that we can’t afford right now) to be what we want. Also doesn’t have as many bathrooms as we’d like (most in this range have only 1 maybe 1 1/2) or enough closet space(this is hard to come by it seems)

2) A brand new house with a smaller yard and less sq feet and no basement, but that we get to choose everything we want and has 3 bathrooms including a master bath and a walk in closet.

Which is the better choice? I am leaning towards 2 because everything would be new so we could live “worry free” for a while.
      We plan to have 2 kids, but we don’t have any yet.

And I know 350 seems like a lot but around here it’s not.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password