Where can I find out what my credit rating and credit score are on the

Tips and Deals Forums Improving Your Credit Score Where can I find out what my credit rating and credit score are on the

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

internet in Australia? Is it free, or do you have to pay by the way?

Anonymous

Hi Joe-

I don’t know what your regulations are there “Down Under”, but I surmise that you should; 1] Identify who your credit regulation agencies are [Google them?] 2] Contact each one; Email, Phone, Snail-mail>> requesting precisely what you need to do to obtain your personal rating.

p.s. I’ve visited Australia- a beautiful country!

Anonymous

Veda Advantage. Used to be Baycorp.

They hold all the credit files and register all credit checks. It is not just about a credit score but the finance companies check your defaults and enquiries which is held by this company.

You file will cover all loans and enquiries you have had in the last 5 years. Every time you apply for credit and it also lists any defaults a company has listed. It will also show if it is paid or unpaid and when it is due to fall off the register.

They have 2 types of services. They will send to you for free but it could take up to 14 days for you to receive. I have done this so many times and never had to wait 14 days. They do have a small fee in which they will supply to you within 24 hours. Every time I have paid they email or fax it within 5 minutes. They also have a service which you can sign up for which is more expensive but they notify you of any changes to your file for the next 12 months.

http://www.vedaadvantage.com (no .au even though Australian)
    Google if you would like to double check address.

Anonymous

I did the bill consolidation. It makes you look like you went BK on your credit report. So if you are looking to make a big purchase in the near future, I advise against it.
    On the plus side, I did pay my bills off very quickly.

Anonymous

You can do it yourself, it is easy.
    Go to:trans union .com
    Csc .com
    Experian.com
    Request a copy of your credit report from all 3. Dispute all bad credit, by law they have 30 days to check it. If they can not prove it in 30 days they wiil remove it. The whole proccess takes about 90 days.

Anonymous

Go to http://www.adviceontime.com and read the article about credit. I got go info here and they recommended a really good lawfirm that is very cheap 35 bucks a month and i have gotten 7 items deleted from my credit report.

Anonymous

I would be weary of using a “Credit Repair” company or any credit counseling company.

Credit Counseling may help with things like consolidating credit card debt, but as far as increasing your score. It will show that you used a credit counseling service on your credit report and your accounts will still show negative.

Credit Repair companies used to annoy me when I worked for TransUnion. I would see 100 letters for the same consumer. I wanted to them that writing multiple letters for the same account is not necessarily going to remove it from your credit report. But they are clever because sometimes they catch the comapies sliping, and the accounts are sometimes removed. They are costly and they give a lot of promises they can’t guarantee. And I know for a fact they take a lot of time to see results, nothing happends quickly in this business. If they do things quickly for you, be prepared to be contacted by the credit agencies. They are aware of those credit repair companies that break the law.
    And to get results can get costly, some companies charge in the thousands. The poor consumers would call us trying to get help because they paid some company and never increased their score.

Bottom line is you can do all this credit repair yourself. If you are trying to do things the “right” way. You can get your free credit reports from
    Then I suggest ordering your score directly from each agency. You can get advise under the sun from everyone you know, but your score will tell you exactly what lead up to your number so you know what to work on. For example, your score might state your balances are too high, or you don’t have enough revolving accounts (credit cards).

If you are in a situation where you are trying to remove negative accounts like Charge offs and Colllections, even accounts included in bankruptcy. You can dispute them for any reason. The companies have 30 days to respond/ 45 days if you’ve ordered your free annual report. There is a good chance they will never answer. If they do respond, you can dispute that same account, you just have to use a different reason. Just know it takes time to repair any credit.

Please use caution when using any advise on credit repair. People are very mislead re: credit and you will hear 100+ answers. You might do something thinking you are impoving your score and it could be lowering your score. The best thing is to get knowledge right from the source. After you’ve ordered your score you can always contact the three reporting agencies and even ask them directly what your score means and some quick ways you can start to improve your credit…… Sorry for the speach, good luck.

Anonymous

Get your free credit report from http://www.annualcreditreport.com after you review it, you can handle this yourself.
    It will take some time, but then it took time to get there too. Dispute online what you can, take it one by one from there, call each creditor and see what type of settlement you can make with each of them, get it in writing, before you pay.

Anonymous

Be very LEARY there are many companies that offer credit repair or a whole new credit file, all that is is they sign u up for a business ein number which is free to do online and immediatley u are issued a 9 digit number. its to take place of your social security number, now the thing is its hard to build a business credit file. so its still like having no credit, depending on ur age beleive it or not but a credit report with some bad credit is actually better than one with no credit if u are older, cause no credit makes big lenders look at the age then think whats this paerson been doing all this time.

Anonymous

You situation seems to be a blind alley… You need to calm down now and think of the possible ways out as if there were plenty of them. You shouldn’t lose hope and feel desperate as it dims your ability to think…Foling for bunkruptcy or taking a debt consolidation loan should be the last resort of course. I advise that you pull yourself together and still try to pay off your credit cards debt.
    Besides you can call to bank, explain them your situation and try to find solution. You can tell them that you thinking about bankcrupcy.

Anonymous

“Improving Your Bad Credit Report: If you have a bad credit record, check the reason for this report. If the reason is due to late or non-payment on your behalf then, start making the payments to the lender and clear off the debts quickly.

Dont make late payments. If you are not in a position to pay due to shortage of money then limit your spending.

Paying off your huge debt in small amounts.”

Anonymous

Bad credit is one of the worst problems to have… however there exists a solution.

I will hereby talk from my personal experience.

I did debt consolidation a couple of years ago, however If I had to do it again I would pay to some minor details,
    if someone wants to get out of debt today it is pretty easy with a debt consolidation plan, however it may get a bit tricky at times, I suggest you get as much information as possible online on this first,

a good place to start in my humble opinion is a straight to the point ebook with question and answer I found :

if it helps kindly remember me in your voting!.. cheers!

Anonymous

You have to be very wary because there are a lot of scams out there. I had REALLY poor credit a few years ago. I used this company called Lexington Law firm. They’re national and they charge about $ 40 bucks a month. I stayed with them about a year and they deleted about 15 items. It was worth it to me. I know I could have done the same thing myself. But also the thing about credit repair is that you have to be consistent and disciplined to do it yourself. To me it was worth it because afterwards I was able to qualify for credit cards and a car loan. I would never have been able to before because my credit was wrecked. If you do want to do it yourself, just order all three of your credit reports and start disputing items that are inaccurate, old, and unverifiable and you can get the same results that a credit repair company can get.

Anonymous

You do not need any of the services that are out there. if you have bad credit you can dispute any wrongful strikes against your credit with a few simple words. Prove or remove!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password