What’s the best credit card to earn airline miles with?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards What’s the best credit card to earn airline miles with?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I’ve been traveling more than usual, and I’m thinking about trying to get a credit card to earn miles with. Which should I go with? I was thinking about going with a Frontier credit card, but I’d to hear other people’s opinions first.

Anonymous

yeah yeah yeah use a frontier credit card.

Anonymous

Well…what airline(s) do you fly the most? It really depends on your need/carrier.

Generally speaking, the Delta has reputation of charging too many miles for a ticket. With that said, if you like to fly on United/Continental, I suggest you get a Visa signature from Chase (I think the annual fee is exempt for 1st year). Do you fly enough to get a status from an airline?

I looked into Frontier Credit Card (Mastercard) and the one with no annual fee has a poor mile to dollar ratio. I don’t think anyone would like to get a card that gives you 1 mile for every $2 spending.

I really think for the average travelers, the Starwood Preferred Guest from American Express is one of the better credit cards. You can transfer your points to airlines along with bonus (5,000 more points for every 20,000 points you transfer), and not to mention you can use your points for hotels, rental cars, etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password