What to do when Collection Agencies lie and use manipulative tactics?

Tips and Deals Forums Debt Management Debt Management What to do when Collection Agencies lie and use manipulative tactics?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d been cleaning up my credit for the last few months when I out of nowhere I get a debt added from a collection agency on behalf of another collection agency, on behalf of another, on behalf of Discover Card.

The original debt from Discover was reported delinquent in October of 2000 and charged off in May 2001. The original debt has been removed from credit report along with the other collection agencies, but this company somehow managed to (falsely) verify the debt and claimed that I made a recent payment of $ 65 (When I asked them they said the recent payment was in January 2001).

Initially the collection agency had another agency call and threaten me and then they denied it later. When I recently talked to the supervisor at the collection agency he was very nasty and agitated when I said the debt was seven years old and threatened to file a 1099.

How should I proceed ? Should I wait until Oct. or Apr. when it should be off my report or should I try to do something now?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password