What requirements are necessary to obtain a mastercard?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards What requirements are necessary to obtain a mastercard?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

for example, is having a part time/full time job a requirement? and if so, does that incude being a full time university student?

They send pre-approved applications in the name of my dog. I guess anyone can get one if they can sign.

Yes, full time university students are offered far too much credit. They do not appear to do due diligence to confirm that students can pay back.

It is assumed that on average university grads will honor their debt commitments.

It is still a rip off for the borrower.

Anonymous

A job, income, time on your job, telephone number, checking and or saving account etc.

Anonymous

You need to have a student account set up. I have one with Natwest and applied online for a credit card (mastercard) and my application was accepted. The apr is quite low as well, around 13.6%

Don’t try Virgin or Barclaycard as they require you to be fully working and over 21. In addition their typical apr is much higher at around 26%

Anonymous

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password