what is the ULTIMATE REWARD of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards what is the ULTIMATE REWARD of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE?

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

which is sometimes UNRECIPROCATED……

Anonymous
      Inactive

Heartache!

Anonymous
      Inactive

The ability to live without jealousy,fear,envy or strife, To welcome challenge in the event of finding one true love. Knowing you exist for that one true love. Building character, self contentment,acceptance of reward and knowing failure at times. Growing as an individual as well as developing inner strength from having to endure a love you know to be real.
      In truth everything else is superfluous and must be cast aside eventually. Patience. So even though these are difficult lessons to learn they create personal strength no money can buy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

the ultimate reward is either heartache and pain…u love the person but ur affection is not returned and u just have to live with that. or pure happiness where ur affection is returned…there is no greater joy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

There is no such thing as unconditional love. Everyone seeks to be validated in one form or another and I don’t see what is wrong with that.

You can feel lust for someone that may not be reciprocated but love is something else- if it exists it’s reward should be it itself.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Death…
      Sorry to be so gloomy.
      But that’s just whats kind of been happening from centuries. Death has like been the ultimate reward for uncoinditional love.
      Still…it takes much more than death to end love. So…even though that’s what unconditional lovers got…still their love did not end.
      But if your talking about out 21st century…well..I’m sorry to say but I haven’t seen unconditional love unless I count watching Shakespear plays on television.
      (As in not the orginal ones he and his actors played).
      So yeah…..it is kinda unreciprocated.

Yeah…me too.
      Sad face as well.
      Join the group Enki.

Anonymous
      Inactive

so much for things outside this question!
      Love is freedom from human imperfections! its can go and come every time!

Anonymous
      Inactive

unconditional happiness

Anonymous
      Inactive

Peace with oneself and the joy of having loved.

Anonymous
      Inactive

there is no reward. it leads you to a life of always waiting for that person to feel the same way. it leads you to a life filled with disappointment.

Anonymous
      Inactive

…kinda tricky bu i have to say that it’s love in return. and, believe me, that’s a great feeling. :0)

Anonymous
      Inactive

its foolish to talk of reward where love is unconditional.

Anonymous
      Inactive

At the end of the day, being able to “sign God’s name”
      That’s good enough for me. I don’t need the person to recipricate, I just need to know I did what God has called us to do, and this is my act of worship.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re here to give – ourselves, our gifts, what we love to the world. If we love unconditionally we teach it to others.

However, it has been said that “we teach what we most need to learn.” Perhaps it needs to be solidified in your own mind, before you receive it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

There is no need for a reward of any kind when you love unconditionally

Love. There is just the Love.

oxilazevu

Being able to know & feel pure, true love. Knowing that love will always be there no matter what because it is unconditional.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unreciprocated? Your ultimate reward is unhappiness and wasted time. Congratulations; you’ve won yourself a big can of diddly squat.

Anonymous
      Inactive

More than likely just heart ache unless it is reciprocated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Profit and loss do not relate to such love.

do they to you?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unconditional love is cleansing. It frees the heart to grow and becomes it’s own reward.

Love is the answer, Pandora

Anonymous
      Inactive

The ultimate “reward” is a loss of innocence.The pain of unconditional love not being returned will always be memory that puts up a protective barrier for you. You will never love that way again.(sigh)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Reward?

I think you are confusing love with capitalism. Unconditional love is more like a river. You have to let some water flow out before more can flow in. You never know where that water is going to come from either. It might come from a rainfall, from a mountain lake, or from an underground spring, but if you bottle it up and hold onto it, it becomes stagnant and larvae ridden. That incoming supply may even dry up, but the banks remain solid, ready to carry more when the time is right. The closest thing to a reward is the feeling that you are able, worthy, and willing to be loved in return.

Two thumbs down? Wow, I’m really feeling the love! Four down and one up. Nobody can say that you’re ignoring me. I’m feeling that love sunburn shining down on me. Love me or hate me, just don’t pas me by!

The reward is the knowledge that you probably helped someone survive, find their equillibrium, and blossom into a healthy, beautiful and vibrant person.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Love is a reward in itself.
      I guess the answer would be happiness. Everyone strives for it, not many people attain it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unconditional love that is unreciprocated is basically a sacrifice. Like with most sacrifices you do it knowing the consequences, but knowing you gave to someone or something can be it’s own reward. I know the sacrifices I’ve made in life left me with a feeling of content. I gained more than anything materialistic and/or physical could have given me and the peace of knowing I did something wonderful.

It might not make sense to anyone else, that’s just how I feel.

Selena Tse

unconditional love ? Love is its own reward.

To give and love to give again and never ask why.

Look at the earth and what it continues to producess and asks not if we are deserving of its resourses.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sweetie, that’s a question that can only be answered by the circumstances in each individual act/movement. The most pure form of unconditional love that is often unreciprocated is that of a Mother for her child. At the times of the child’s life when they are small and totally dependent, they love you and your touch. As they grow, and become more independant, they decide they don’t want Mother in their lives. Does that mean that Mother doesn’t still love that child unconditionally? NO!! I know what I’m talking about. Nothing can change her love and feelings for the child she gave life.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Having something or someone care about you no matter what. They don’t have to talk to you, but they still care. Compassion is a very strong emotion that stems from love.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good question…….Let me go achieve it…then I’ll come back and tell you all about it…..

_

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think love is an amazing thing how would you like to make some love wit me?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I had to answer this question just to say I absolutely LOVE cconsaul’s answer!! How beautiful!! Wow!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with Carol…The Ultimate Reward of Unconditional Love… is in the Knowing…. Knowing that No Matter what…. That Love will always be there..through the Good Times and The Bad…through Thick or Thin….The Ultimate Reward is in the Knowing!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unconditional love is generally more destructive than rewarding, depends on who the love is with.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The ultimate reward of Unconditional Love is to be loved unconditionally in returned – my dog taught me this lesson

Something that is unreciprocated sometimes. . . .Love.
      To give yourself over so completely to another, but have it rebuffed or slighted. . . .I think that cuts deep into your soul.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I recall an answer I saw here to another question–not an exact quote: “The bird doesn’t think about how high it can fly, flying is enough.”
      Since CONDITIONAL is subject to things likely to come about, suggesting an honoured agreement or approval, then UNCONDITIONAL is the antithesis. There wouldn’t be a single thought to “reward,” not even in oneself, as loving unconditionally is the truth of the “heart.” It simply IS & that’s all there is to it. (Reciprocated or not–ergo–unconditional.)
      I’ve found this most frequently in animal companions who love you for you are, & I suspect–since they are so guileless in their candid simplicity–don’t reflect on what pleasure this brings to them. (& no, these beautiful creatures don’t show love simply for food as many who have never bonded with them often opine.) I’m unable to even see a connection between reward & unconditional love.

Edit: I made the assumption that you meant reward to the person GIVING the unconditional love, not the one receiving it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

SUMMARY–PRE-ANSWER
      1. The reward for the CHILD is survival.
      2. The “reward” for an adult, who loves unconditionally is self-imposed neurotic pain and victimization.

EXPLANATIONS:
      “There is only one kind of unconditional love, a CHILD for its mother.”*

And this is based on the (even pre-verbal) knowledge of the child and the fear that the child cannot survive without his/her mother. It is about SURVIVAL.

Unconditional love for or from an ADULT is wrong, simply wrong; an adult must be WORTHY; must EARN love.

Anyone who “unconditionally” loves a grown person is merely an ENABLER. There are, of necessity, CONDITIONS on mature love; it helps people to behave decently, fairly and kindly, and it keeps the lover from becoming a doormat, a martyr and a victim.

(In mature love, it is important that each partner earns the respect of the other; earns. There is nothing unconditional in that, nor should there be.)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Unconditional love. Love is always reciprocated – you just don’t always get it from the same place that you give it to…

…and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make. (thanks Paul)

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is much easier to receive help and benefits when it is provided to you through selfless cooperation (or “selfless service”) from another individual, than try to help yourself in isolation. If two people work together in this manner, then both will receive much more benefit than if each tried to help themselves in isolation. If we want the most welfare for the greatest number of people, then it is most effective to cooperate and help each other in a “selfless” or “unconditional” manner. Competitiveness and divisiveness will not work. “Expecting something in return” is egocentric, and if “Not expecting anything in return” – even personal “satisfaction” – sounds absurd or uncomfortable to the individual, and/or the idea of being totally unconditionally helpful towards all other people sounds like some rigid religious ideal, then that individual has not yet escaped egocentricity sufficiently, and cannot see the logical sense that it makes to cooperate selflessly.

When it comes to “reciprocation” on a collective level (not an individual or personal level) It takes a certain number of brave people in the community to start this new trend of acting selflessly, and after a while, all people will start to have increaced benefits as a whole, and start to adapt to this new and more cooperative behaviour, without judging whether they are “equal” or not with each other (this is competitiveness or egocentricity). A person who currently shows “unconditional love” or “selfless service” to ALL people is simply ahead of thier time in the current state of the world.

(I define “Egocentricity” as a focus on the individual when it comes to success and wellbeing, instead of a focus and understanding of the interdependency with, and appreciation of, the collective. The “collective” refers to all other people or “beings” who are not “me” or “I”)

(I define “love” as the love that is independent of hormonal changes between two people “in love” and the affectionate love that is between child and parent. This “love” that I speak of is a universal love, a love that is more of a “brotherly love” between all human beings)

And if you were thinking that…then no…i am not a “communist” or “capitalist” or politically orientated in any way. It is just my vocabulary, and my way of trying to express what I mean when i use words such as “collective” or phrases such as “most welfare for the greatest number of people” – I study accounting and finance!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Everlasting love

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password