What is the calculator used by mortgage and credit card companies when they "weigh"

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Credit Cards What is the calculator used by mortgage and credit card companies when they "weigh"

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

out income vs. expenses…? What is the calculator used by mortgage and credit card companies when they “weigh” out income vs. expenses:
      Thanks to the new obama plan; mortgage and cc companies do this for people who have hardships/ financially distress to determine a lower payment every month and lower the interest rate…etc.
      The reason i want to use one is because my mortgage company (EMC) are true scumbags; they are taking my info over the phone and using their calculators but are answering back like used car salesmen… They literally told me at one time “sir, you’re just trying to jew us down”….
      So i just want to see what they “actually” see when they plug my numbers in, cuz the amounts they’ve been telling me “i can afford” are impossible!

thanks in advance for your help
      answerer #1: I’m not sure that’s the case.. and if it is; can you elaborate a little? is it gross monthly income?
      btw, here are the 8 expense categories they ask about:

rent (or mortgage payment)
      utilities
      phone/internet/tv
      car
      insurance
      credit card payments
      food
      gas/ transportation

and then they ask for monthly income, then they make me hold while they plug numbers in their “calculator”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password