What is a Reasonable Repair Request?

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying a Home in Los Angeles What is a Reasonable Repair Request?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m a first-time homebuyer, so please be gentle.

I just had my home inspection on Friday, and deficiencies were noted in the foundation and roofing.* I am having additional insepctions (by the appropriate professionals) to assess what it would cost to repair the foundation and roof (to be done this week).

Following the inspection, our realtor called the listing agent and gave him an overview of the problems that were discovered.* The listing agent told him that AFTER our offer was accepted, he received two higher offers so that we shouldn’t go too crazy with our repair request.* I felt extremely angry after hearing this– it sounds like a veiled threat!* Is this common practice in the real estate industry?*

Given that the sellers (who are flippers) want a fast escrow, our realtor has advised us to ask for a credit instead of actual repairs.* I know that every situation is obviously different, but how much of a credit would be deemed “unreasonable”?* How much of a credit do buyers typically ask for?

For reference, we offered asking price on a 550K home.* The flippers bought it for $395,000

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password