What if you can't remember if it's credit card fraud or not?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit What if you can't remember if it's credit card fraud or not?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok, so back in november I applied for a couple of credit cards to get me through a financial emergency. One of them was a discover card. I latter got a letter in the mail saying I was denied. Welll today I opened up a bill and saw that it was for a discover card that had a 99$ balance and was 30 days past due. I was all “Huh?” and gave them a call, they said I had applied for and been accepted for a card with a 59$ anual fee, and even though the card was never activated they went ahead and charged me this fee and now my credit score is being penalized for a card I never recived, never activated and can’t remember if I applied for it or not. So I got angry, was transfered to fraud, told them that I never got the card, never activated the card and can’t remember if I applied for it or not, and they said they’d open a fraud ticket. My question is, if I did apply for the card and can’t remember will I go to Jail or be in trouble with the government for opening a fraud investigation?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password