What happens when your landlord sells the house you rent while you are still…

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home What happens when your landlord sells the house you rent while you are still…

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

…in lease? I live in Florida and moved into this house 3 months ago. We were assured that if the house sold it would be past our lease period (signed a 6 months lease). The realtor called us a week ago and said the house is being sold and we need to be out by September 1st. Not only did she not give us a 30 day notice but we still are in our 6 month lease period. I called her today and said I am not moving out with a 2 weeks notice and if they did want us to they need to buy us out of the lease. She said the lease is over when the house is sold and has nothing to do with the new owners. I thought that new owners had to honor our lease? And even if we were not in a lease we would need a written notice giving us 30 days to leave? If anyone has any information on this please let me know?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password