What credit card to get.?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit What credit card to get.?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

So I’m 20 years old soon turning 21 in April. I’m currently attending university and will be finishing my third year this spring. I canceled my previous credit card around November or October of ’09. I had it for about 10-11 months. What made me cancel it was the annual fee that I got tricked that was with it. For those 11 months, I always paid off my bills on time, every time, in full every month and stayed fiscally responsible at all times: looking at my due dates and setting them to be at the end of the month along with checking my bank account to make sure I can afford certain things.

Now it’s near the end of March and I believe I should have a credit card now to help keep building my score and have one in case of an emergency. I’m banking with Wells Fargo and I’m looking at this page:

I pay off my whole bill every month so I’m not worried about interest rates. As a college student and looking for a cash back-oriented credit card, I was wondering if these terms are good and whether if I’m missing anything I should be paying attention to:

I had a credit line of $ 1000 on the last card and as I continued into those 11 months of having a card it was increased to $ 1300. Is this card that I linked to a good deal? And is it possible to get the credit card with me having canceled the last one? Because I understand canceling a card hurts your score. I want to make sure I have top-notch credit for later on in life, and I’m paranoid about having hurt my credit despite my limited history. Please educate me on this. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password