What are the odds that that I can be approved for a $200k – $225k mortgage??

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance What are the odds that that I can be approved for a $200k – $225k mortgage??

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I am a first time home buyer with under 20% to put down on a house. I make approximately $ 40,000 annually (gross). I have absolutely no outstanding debt and an excellent FICO score (760+ last time I checked). I know the formula is typically 2 1/2 times your income, but that would mean I could only get approved for around $ 100K and where I live, there are no houses in that price range. A decent Condo/Townhouse (which is what I am looking for) in my area starts at $ 200k.

What are the chances that I can get approved for a $ 200k – $ 225k mortgage?
    To clarify when I said I have no outstanding debt, I mean I do not owe any money to anyone. My car is paid off in full, all of my credit cards have a zero balance, and I have no open loans. I’ve also never been late on any payments.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password