Trying to raise my FICO fast-do I pay 3 cards down to 30% balance first or focus on all cards to 50%

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Trying to raise my FICO fast-do I pay 3 cards down to 30% balance first or focus on all cards to 50%

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have way to many cards with a balance. I have three cards that I can pay down this month to 30% of the balance because the amount isn’t too large. I have 8 cards above 50% but paying the smallest down to 50% of the available credit will take longer.

If I want to improve my FICO score as soon as possible, can paying down the 3 balances to 30% of the available credit now make a difference? Or do I have to wait and pay down all my cards to 50% of the balance before I can see a rise in my FICO score?
      Thanks for that first answer, but I probably should have mentioned that I’m trying to get about 30 additional points so that I can get from “fair” to “good” credit score. I wish there was something like the fundingsuite.com software available for consumers. The screenshots on their video show an example credit report that give a simulation that if the person paid down balances to 50% on a specific card there would be a 3 or 4 pt increase in their score. I am also writing 3 letters asking for goodwill removal of one-time 30 day late payments four years ago. I may be forced to relocate in a few months and my score is currently 644. If I can get it up I’ll get much better mortgage terms! Then I’ll get to work on reducing all cc debt and keeping the score up….

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password