Tax credits/questions for first time homebuyers?

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage Tax credits/questions for first time homebuyers?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone know if there are any type of tax credits being offered for first time homebuyers this year? I know they had the 8K credit back in 2009 and even on the IRS website under tax changes for this year it mentions the first time homebuyer tax credit, but it’s a little deceiving as to whether there’s still one or not.
      Also, what can be written off for tax purposes? I understand only improvements/supplies are deductible and not repairs/supplies, as well as real*estate taxes and property taxes that were paid within the year.*Since all of my expenses have been for painting/updating I don’t believe anything I’ve bought can be deducted :smileysad:.
      We also had to buy a new washer and dryer in which the washer was an Energy star appliance, but apparently*the tax incentive to deduct this expired*back*in March.
      Just trying to deduct everything I can think of that I’m allowed to. It’s been a tough year for us*(as I’m sure it has for us all) so we need all we can get! It would be nice to get even a little back or at least some sort of tax break!
      TIA!!!*

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password