Tax Assessor want to Inspect Inside of House

Tips and Deals Forums Buying Your Home Buying a Home in Bay Area Tax Assessor want to Inspect Inside of House

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Folks,
      I recently received my supplemental notice from the tax assessor after purchasing a house.* The supplemental assessment was for $105K over my purchase price.* About 25% higher.
      When I called them to ask why, they said that it was because it was a short-sale and didn’t reflect the actual market value.* I said that it really did since the house was in bad condition and the previous three buyers had backed out.* Last week I sent them a copy of the VA appraisal supporting the purchase price.* That appraisal included pictures of the interior.*
      Today, I received a request to perform an internal inspection on Friday (in three days).
      Since purchase, I spent $100K fixing the problems with and enhancing the house so the current inspection will show a nice clean house with no mold/mildew etc.*
      On the phone, they indicated that if I can document my fixes, that it will HELP support my claim that the purchase price was accurate.
      What can I expect from their inspection?* Should I let them perform it (do I have any choices)?
      A couple different agents I’ve spoken with have all told me that the assessors must use the purchase price, but the assessors say differently.
      Thanks!

Cry

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password