Spouse Savings and FHA Loan

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage Spouse Savings and FHA Loan

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

I have an odd question.* My*spouse and I are going to start the FHA mortgage process in about 3 months. Because she filed bankruptcy less than a year ago, we will be using my credit only.* I have about 4k in savings and she has about 3K which we plan to use in addition to her incoming salary which we will put away into savings*(she gets OT while I am salary).* i have heard that we need to “season” our savings which would need to be in my account for approximately 90 days, but my question is will mortgage underwriting have an issue with moving from her savings to mine?* I can provide tracking for it, but I wasn’t sure if it would count against us, or for us for that matter.* My mid-score is about 680+ and I do have a couple of late payments, but more than 20 months ago.* My credit limits are fairly low (2K), but my salary is 70K and I’ve worked at the same job for 10 years.** Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password