This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Anonymous 7 years, 2 months ago.
- June 29, 2012 at 4:17 am #253660
We have agreed on the purchase agreement to take possession of the house 2 days after close of Escrow. We are paying only 2 thousand dollars less than the asking price. Since it is a new house the seller denied providing the one year insurance as the property is a recent construction (2 year old); we agreed on that in the agreement. Now, the seller seems to be angry at us for the price we are paying him for the house, but he doesn’t have a choice but to sell the house.
Now our fear is that:
- What if the seller damages the property in the 2 days after the escrow is closed and before they move out?
- In your experience have you seen this happening?
- Is there anything that can be done to avoid that? Maybe send a notice to the seller?
- What can be done if the property is destroyed – can we go after the seller through lawyer?
- Can we request for change in contract now to take the possession of the house on day of close of escrow?
Appreciate your advice.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.