- June 29, 2012 at 4:17 am #253660Darrell StollerMember
We have agreed on the purchase agreement to take possession of the house 2 days after close of Escrow. We are paying only 2 thousand dollars less than the asking price. Since it is a new house the seller denied providing the one year insurance as the property is a recent construction (2 year old); we agreed on that in the agreement. Now, the seller seems to be angry at us for the price we are paying him for the house, but he doesn’t have a choice but to sell the house.
Now our fear is that:
- What if the seller damages the property in the 2 days after the escrow is closed and before they move out?
- In your experience have you seen this happening?
- Is there anything that can be done to avoid that? Maybe send a notice to the seller?
- What can be done if the property is destroyed – can we go after the seller through lawyer?
- Can we request for change in contract now to take the possession of the house on day of close of escrow?
Appreciate your advice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.