Repairing Credit–Please HELP!

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Repairing Credit–Please HELP!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dealpal 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

dealpal
    Keymaster

Ok; here’s the reason I have a terribly embarrassingly low score of 559; I need major help in repairing my credit, below are the items on my report–the actions I have taken are in red:
    All of the balances on these are less than $1,000; I’m also still within SOL

• WFNNB/Maurices: Account is open and paid as agreed; 2+ years ago had a few late payments (up to 120 days+)*I don’t think this is hurting my score as much as the rest of the baddies are; my plan of attack is to send GW letters touting my excellent payment history the past 2 years and ask for removal of the late payments
    • Shell/Citi: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago) After paying the CA; would it be worth the postage to send GW letters asking them to delete the TL?
    • MCM (Midland): CA for Shell/Citi card above Sent DV last week after receiving a settlement offer in the mail (10% discount and they’d mark it paid in full); has anyone dealt with them? Any words of wisdom?
    • GECRB/Paypal: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago) GW to delete TL after CA is paid?
    • Portfolio Recovery: CA for GECRB/Paypal above Sent DV last week; any advice for dealing with them?
    • GECRB/American Eagle: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago)*GW to delete TL after CA is paid?
    • Equable: CA for GECRB/American Eagle Sent DV last week; advice?
    • CreditOne: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago) GW to delete TL after CA is paid?
    • LVNV: CA for CreditOne Sent DV last week; advice?

My two big baddies are (I do not plan on contacting either of these until I have the full funds to pay both):

• Chase: credit card; closed; charged off–but NOT sold to a CA; date of last activity was Nov08; however, Chase has been reporting this as 120 days late every month since then and the balance is $457 What do I do? I’ve read on here of people having great success with GW letters to Chase after paying off their account
    • Bank of America: credit card; closed; charged off–but NOT sold to CA: date of last activity was Feb09; the last late payment reporting was in Feb10–the balance is $1,227 but they’re showing the past due amount as $210 Do I call B of A to verify that they are still the owner of the account and try to work something out?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password