- June 18, 2012 at 6:45 pm #252714
Ok; here’s the reason I have a terribly embarrassingly low score of 559; I need major help in repairing my credit, below are the items on my report–the actions I have taken are in red:
All of the balances on these are less than $1,000; I’m also still within SOL
- WFNNB/Maurices: Account is open and paid as agreed; 2+ years ago had a few late payments (up to 120 days+)*I don’t think this is hurting my score as much as the rest of the baddies are; my plan of attack is to send GW letters touting my excellent payment history the past 2 years and ask for removal of the late payments
- Shell/Citi: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago) After paying the CA; would it be worth the postage to send GW letters asking them to delete the TL?
- MCM (Midland): CA for Shell/Citi card above Sent DV last week after receiving a settlement offer in the mail (10% discount and they’d mark it paid in full); has anyone dealt with them? Any words of wisdom?
- GECRB/Paypal: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago) GW to delete TL after CA is paid?
- Portfolio Recovery: CA for GECRB/Paypal above Sent DV last week; any advice for dealing with them?
- GECRB/American Eagle: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago)*GW to delete TL after CA is paid?
- Equable: CA for GECRB/American Eagle Sent DV last week; advice?
- CreditOne: credit card; closed; charge-off; sold to CA (2 years ago) GW to delete TL after CA is paid?
- LVNV: CA for CreditOne Sent DV last week; advice?
My two big baddies are (I do not plan on contacting either of these until I have the full funds to pay both):
- Chase: credit card; closed; charged off–but NOT sold to a CA; date of last activity was Nov08; however, Chase has been reporting this as 120 days late every month since then and the balance is $457 What do I do? I’ve read on here of people having great success with GW letters to Chase after paying off their account
- Bank of America: credit card; closed; charged off–but NOT sold to CA: date of last activity was Feb09; the last late payment reporting was in Feb10–the balance is $1,227 but they’re showing the past due amount as $210 Do I call B of A to verify that they are still the owner of the account and try to work something out?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.