Rebuilding credit after being hit by medical bill

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Rebuilding credit after being hit by medical bill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      dealpal
      Keymaster

Hi, new to this forum.
      Let me explain my situation: I am an international student studying in local Utah. Last November I had to get an ultrasound, for which I received bill of 333$. Since our insurance claims are managed by my scholarship, I sent the bill to their office. Since then I received couple of letters from hospital but the scholarship people said that it is OK and they are submitting the claims once every month. On my last latter from hospital, it was stated that the last day I can pay is 4/15/12, so I assumed everything is OK. I stopped receiving letters, but yesterday I checked my credit score and discovered that it has doped to 560 and that it shows a charge of from IC systems for 333$.
      Can I do anything about this situation? I was never contacted by that agency nor I had any idea that my bill was not paid. Would it be worth contacting the hospital and asking to deal with them directly? They are local folk who are always very nice. Can they get the claim back from CA? One strange thing is that on 2/3 credit agencies, it shows that the charge was placed on 4/1, I had till 4/15 to pay the bill. Can that be a ground for dispute? Also, the charge-off’s status is showing as “closed”, *can you explain that part? I read somewhere that it means that the debt was returned to my hospital.
      I have no problem with paying the bill, but my priority is cleaning by score.*
      Sorry for my long post, I am really confused and quite sad about this situation.*
      Thanks in advance!*

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password