Realistically what is the time frame to improve your credit score?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Realistically what is the time frame to improve your credit score?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

What is a time frame in which a person could realistically raise their credit score from the mid 500’s, to that of at least 600, 650 or above?

In my younger years I made poor financial choices, some within my control, some without (I cared for a terminally ill parent and didn’t pay some of my own bills so they could have medicine, a choice that while in the end it really hurt me credit and financial wise, but overall I dont regret doing it, I maybe got extra time with my dad I may not have, if I didn’t help him).

Now, I’m basically debt free, everything I ever owed in collections is paid off, and all my current bills are up to date or paid ahead. I paid off a couple every month on the small ones, then made payments on the bigger ones until everything was paid. It took me about 4 years to pay everything off.

The problem is, is that I don’t overall have a lot of “revolving” credit. I have 1 major credit card that I don’t carry a balance on (or only use if I really need to) and a car loan (which I pay extra on every month aside from the initial payment, sometimes I make 2 payments and the 2nd payment just goes to the principle). I still have 2 years left on my car loan, but I’m slated to pay it off about 6 months early. I don’t even have student loans, I self paid for school.

I’ve learned basically not to live above my means, but I still want to and need to improve my score.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password